Maintenance at the start of the season will insure dependable operation and maximize cooling efficiency of your evaporative cooler
- Disconnect all electrical power
- Remove cooler cover. Cover should be cleaned, folded and stored in a cool dry area
- If applicable, remove slide damper in vertical duct
- Remove pad frames. Remove cooler pads. Clean pad frames. A wire brush may be needed to totally remove all mineral deposits. Paint metal pad frames with Aspen Snow-Cool Paint. Do not paint plastic pad frames.
- Clean water reservoir (cooler pan). A paint scraper and/or a wire brush may be needed to remove all mineral deposits. Cover all voids and exposed (unprotected) areas with Aspen Snow-Cool Submarine Sealer Cooler Coating. Do not coat plastic or powder coated cooler reservoirs.
- Remove belt and check for cracks or excessive wear. Replace if necessary.
- Spin the blower pulley. The blower pulley and shaft need to rotate freely. If the pulley rotates, but the shaft does not, the set screw may need to be tightened. If the shaft does not rotate easily, the blower bearings may need to be replaced. Check the blower pulley and replace if bent or deformed. Oil blower bearings
- Spin the motor pulley. The motor pulley and shaft need to rotate freely. If the pulley rotates, but the shaft does not, the set screw may need to be tightened. If the shaft does not rotate easily, the motor may need to be replaced. Check the motor pulley and replace if bent or deformed. If applicable, oil motor bearings.
- Check alignment of the motor pulley and blower pulley. They should be in line with each other.
- If cooler coating was applied, make sure it has had sufficient time to cure, prior to turning on water.
- Turn water on.
- Check float valve. Lift the float to see if the incoming water shuts off completely. If not, replace float valve.
- Turn the power on.
- Turn the pump on. If the pump does not run, replace it with a Mighty Cool Cooler Pump. Check for adequate water flow through the distributor tubes. If there is not adequate water flow, check the pump elbow, pump hose, distributor head, distributor tubes, and drip trays for obstructions. Clear the obstructions or replace defective parts.
- Turn pump off.
- Turn motor on. Check operation on low and high speeds (for two speed motors).
- Turn motor off.
- Install belt and check for proper tension.
- Install a set of new Aspen Snow-Cool Cooler Pads into pad frames. Make sure the pads cover the entire vented area of each frame.
- Install pad frames back into the cooler.
Your evaporative cooler should now be ready for operation.