Winterizing Your Evaporative Cooler
Maintenance at the end of the season will help prolong the life of your cooler. Here are some steps you can take to prepare your cooler for the upcoming winter season.
- Disconnect all electrical power.
- Shut off water and drain cooler. Make sure you also drain water out of all water supply lines.
- Scrape and/or wire brush metal cabinet and pad racks. Touch up the paint on all exposed (unprotected) metal areas. (Do not paint plastic coolers.)
- Check and oil blower bearings.
- Check blower pulley and replace if bent or deformed.
- Check motor pulley and replace if bent or deformed.
- If applicable, oil motor bearings.
- Remove belt and store in cool, dry place.
- If applicable, slide damper in vertical duct.
- Install new Aspen Snow-Cool Premier cooler pads into pad racks.
- Following these steps will make your “start-up” faster and easier next spring.
- Add cooler cover for weather protection.
Make sure you use “Aspen Snow-Cool” products for all of your evaporative cooler maintenance needs.